Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!


I am finally back! No pics yet but I am back! Who comes home from Disney and has nightmares for days about the place...ME! Our vacation started out with an ice storm on the way to the airport...cars spinning out all over the place. We left very early 9 am so we got to our plane in plenty of time (it was leaving at noon). We got on the plane and sat on the runway for 3 hours. We were flying into Atlanta to get a connector to Florida. Well, first Atlanta was fogged in and then their radar went completely down. Needless to say, we missed our connection. We were put on standby along with over 100 others. Atlanta's airport is HUGE and we had to RUN from one end of the airport to the other with trams in between with every Orlando flight. We did this 5 times and then my hubby was able to fly out at 11 pm to meet our son, who had been waiting in Orlando's airport for 11 hours. So off my daughter, her bf and I run like mad to the next Orlando flight. We were 38, 39, and 40 on the wait list, I was praying we'd get on this flight but it seemed hopeless. Then finally we were the last 3 called, I think they pulled us up because they had 3 seats close together. Hurray, we arrived in Orlando around 12:30 am. We met up with hubby and son who had gotten the rental car.

We got to our condo and it was beautiful! We got a 3 bedroom condo for the price of an Embassy Suite room, not bad. The boys had 2 full sized beds in their room, our daughter had a king sized bed in her room and the master suite had a king sized bed too. We were sooo tired and just crashed.

The next day we went to visit my parents. My dad is still pretty weak but looks good. He's starting to regain his appetite which is really good.

The next 4 days were spent in Disney. Oh my word was it crowded! I expected crowds but the people at Disney said that there were more people than they ever expected. The parks were shut down every day because they were full. It was beautiful in Magic Kingdom with all the Christmas decorations and oh what a wonderful parade! I will show you pics soon! That was my favorite park! We spent New Year's Eve in Epcot and you could hardly move! After dark we walked toward the countries and I fell so hard, just so many people and tripped. No one in my group even noticed. I had to try to find them after I got up. I think I am too old for the crowds and noise!

We are going to go again (hubby and I with my parents) at the end of this year during a quieter time. I know I will enjoy it more then. I am very grateful that we got our whole family together and dd's bf. We did all have a great time despite the crowds. I just know I will enjoy it that much more without the crowds.

After we got home I did have nightmares about the crowds and the darkness of night. Last night, no nightmares so I must be good now. I have slept so much since getting home. Three 20-somethings can wear you out! They have way more energy than me!

I hope you all had wonderful holiday's and happy new years! I missed you all!

(Our dog is doing well right now. The vet said she would be act normal until the cancer starts bleeding again when it returns. I am nervous every morning when I go to check on her. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!)

Back with pics soon!



Bella Della said...

Wow! You guys had quite an adventure. I've never been to Disney but I know I definitely would not want to be there when it is that crowded. I get the heebie jeebies in stuff like that. I am glad to hear that your dad is doing well and that the doggie is a little better. You must still be so worried though. I am thinking about her.

Glad you are back. I've missed you. Can't wait to see pics from your trip.

Lots of love,


Hi Kim and
Happy New Year!! Missed you and can't wait to see the pics. Too bad that the air travel was terrible and it the Parks were busy. Good idea togo back. Glad to hear you are going to make some cards:) Don't forget to show them to me. Thanks for the update on your dog...
Take care.

Dawn said...

What an ordeal! I think I would have nightmares too!!!!!! I've never been to Disney and all I can picture are the crowds that would be there.

I hope your father continues to do well! It will be nice to visit Disney again when there aren't too many people there.

It must be hard knowing your dog could be sicker.

My thoughts are with you.

Happy New Year!

take care,

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kim, So glad to hear that your dad is doing much better! So sorry about your dog, though!

Sounds like your trip to Disney was nice, after you were able to get there. I have heard of the most people here locally and on blogs going to Disney in the last month.

Wishing you many blessing for the coming New Year! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

Morning Kim! Wow, reading this wore me out!!!lol Sorry you had such a start; Glad your Dad is getting there; it's slow going, I know, been there with my mom! You want it to move faster so you can breath again! Crowds I avoid at all costs! I'm so glad no one trampled you when you fell and that you are ok!!!Scarey! I've been to disney once in beginning of February (not spring break) We had to replace our radiator after driving 24hrs; it had been cold and then turned hot hot (we had too warm clothes had to buy more) then couldn't wait to get home so we drove another 24hrs and hit ice storm coming back! Awful memories of Florida!!! At least you enjoyed the time with your kids!!! Have a productive day - Sincerely, Jeannette