Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Highlights of Disney

Hello!!! Here are some of my favorites...we had to take most of the pics while on the move. There were way too many people to be able to stop and take a perfect photo or to even enjoy the view for long.

I love the landscaping at the parks.

A pretty view of the Epcot ball...can't remember the official name! Until our trip, I never knew there was a ride inside the ball!

More pretty trees.

My favorite part of Disney. The castle is sooo beautiful!!!

Walking down the mainstreet of Magic Kingdom toward the castle. That's my daughter in the orange. Look at all those people!!!

Cinderella and her prince during the parade. I loved this Christmas parade!


Mickey and Minnie at the parade.


This is a rollercoaster the Everest. My daughter and her bf went on this one.

One of hubby's favorites...gorillas.

The Michigan State football team was at Disney's Blizzard Beach for a friendly game of putt-putt with a Georgia team. They had a bowl game on New Year's Day. I snuck this pic before security could shoo me off. We LOVED Blizzard Beach!
I didn't take as many pics as I wanted because of the crowds but these were some of my favorites. We didn't even get a whole family pic because you just couldn't move. I have a few of individuals and that's all.
Today is a cold and slightly snowy day. Last night there was awful icing on the roads just south of us. It's so sad to hear that 3 people were killed in accidents last night. Be careful out there if you're out and about with all this crazy weather in the U.S.!!!
Have a great day!!! Hugs!
Kim

13 comments:

Bella Della said...

Great pictures. Makes me want to a little warmth despite my love of cold weather. I wish you guys could have had the place to yourselves.

said...

It must be exciting to be there during the holidays - I can imagine how decked-out it looks!

Pink Slippers said...

Wow...I have only been to disneyland in California. I heard the one there is HUGE.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I haven't been to Disney World in years . I need to go again .

Anonymous said...

Hello, Kim!!
Whew! YOU have way more energy than me to deal with the crowds you saw at DW!! I noticed haw jam-packed it was from your photos, then you mentioned the crowds. I guess this must be pretty common for the holidays--we went in the summer and it was packed, then, too. (I just don't understand--if the economy is so bad, how do folks/families afford what it takes to take a trip like this? The airfare, hotel, park expenses, food?. We went years ago when our kids were little---it wasn't cheap!) Anyway, I'm thrilled you guys had a good time. I was also impressed with the plants at DW and the castle. I loved the electric light parade at night, too.
I was so glad to read that your dad is gaining strength---and that your doggie is stable!
That trip to the airport---and the long hours it took you to get to Orlando sound awful! The Atanta airport is HUGE---the trams are certainly necessary there!
Thanks for your comment on my 100th post--YOU are officially entered in the drawing!! woo-hoo! Dana

Michelle said...

Hi Kim ~

Glad you guys had a good time and got home safely! I have to say you're pretty brave facing those big crowds HA HA j/k (I've become much less of a "crowd" person as I've gotten older, though ;)

Wishing you a belated Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the castle and the carraige.. Fairy tales are my very favorite kins of stories. Glad you had fun :)!

Kristine said...

Hey there. I am really enjoying your blog, and just happened upon the link from "garagesalegal". We were in Orlando the same time you were! We are Disney fanatics and spend as much time there as we can(we live in Indiana and make 2-3 trips per year down). Christmas is a terrible time to go. The parks are very often closed down due to max. capacity! Early November, VERY early December and the six or so weeks following Jan 1 are great times to go! Its so hard to really enjoy everything Disney WOrld has to offer when its that packed. Anyway...I'll be back to visit and have a next wonderful Disney trip!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Sounds like you had fun! I can't wait until we can go back. We spent 3 days and 2 nights there in 2007. We stayed all the All Star Sports Hotel.

We might go next month for our birthday now that they are offering free admission on your birthday.

Rosemary said...

Hi Kim,
Beautiful photos! Love Cinderella!!
Happy New Year to you!
Rosemary

Dawn said...

Hi Kim, you have some nice pictures there! I have never been. It does look like it is a BIG place.

Cinderella's carriage looks so cool!

take care,
Dawn

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Kim,
Fun to see your photos:) Too bad that you didn't get a family shot...maybe next time.Are you working on any cards???I'm going to bug you!!! I mean Encourage You:)
Have a great weekend.
Warmly,
Deb

Jill said...

Disney is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I would go every year, if I had the financing, LOL!!!

It is truly a magical place for me. My mom doesn't understand my love of Disney, oh well!

I have never been at Christmas time, lucky you!

Thanks for sharing your Mouse Pics!
~Jill