Friday, November 12, 2010

Yo-yos For Charity



Morning!
I've been busy getting some things ready for charity.
I have been making hats for a great organization called

LifeBuilders is a faith based organization...
This is taken from their website:

LifeBUILDERS began in 2005 as a place where people in transition could get all-encompassing help reaching their goals. LifeBUILDERS focus was to provide encouragement, instruction, healthy relationships, transportation, employment and guidance to people in a Christian community.

I have been blessed by hearing the testimony of women who have been helped.
 I know Marilyn and Larry Johnson who run this organization...wonderful people!
Many of my friends help every week with LifeBuilders.
If I was still living in Michigan, I would do more but
from Chicago I can do something!

Last year I started making hats with yo-yo embellishments for their Christmas Store.
I, also, give plain hats for those who are not into embellishments.
Here are some of this years...

Headband hats for little girls.

Another headband hat.

A woman's hat with a little sparkle!

A little girl's hat.


A few of them all together.

Another way I am helping...
Heritage Church in Sterling Heights, MI
are big supporters of LifeBuilders.
Each year Heritage has an auction
and this year all the proceeds from
the tickets and the auction
go directly to LifeBuilders.
We will be there!
Saturday, November 20th!

I will be making one of these for the auction...


It will be all wrapped up pretty in a Christmas hat box.
Pictures to come.

Sooo...that's one way I'm giving back this holiday season.

Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Hugs!
Kim

10 comments:

Judi said...

Hi Kim
How lovely that you are doing this. Wonderful. The flowers and hats are beautiful. You do such a good job.
I absolutely love that bird seed feeder too! How did you make that? I would love to make one also. Its so good to help out the little birdies too.

It was so nice to have you visit me too..
*hugs*
Judi

Ladybug said...

Kim Lifebuilders Organization
sounds like a wonderful,focusing
on the needs of others what a
blessing.
The Yo Yo's are lovely,I also
make them,Learn doing them as a
child,so nice seeing others still
making the Yo Yo's as well
Yours are beauitful love all the
bright colors...Great Job !!

Blessings / Hugs

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Kim,
You are a very kind gal:)
Happy weekend.
Warmly,
deb :)

tincanlily said...

That is so nice of you. It does sound like a great orginization! I am sure the hats and headbands will be well received.
have a great weekend.
denise

Unknown said...

That is an awesome idea! It certainly takes the focus off of our self! The yo-yo's are darling. It just goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to be generous! :)

~Liz

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a neat thing to do! The yo-yo's look so great on the hats!

Stacy said...

Lovely yo-yo's, Kim.

Crickit said...

I love the hats... they are darling. And what a great organization!

Barb said...

Hi Kim,

You have a compassionate heart my friend! I love the hats, love your yoyo's and love your wreath.

Thank you for leaving such sweet words about Tommy. I remember when your pup was so ill. The photo of Emma brightened my day. Give her a hug for me.

xoxo,
Barb

steviewren said...

I like the yo-yos added to the hats. It gives them cute personalities. Lifebuilders sounds like a great organization to be involved with.