Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Before and Now

Good morning! Just a couple garden pics. I was amazed to see how much the plants grew in a week! We have our first pumpkin growing too! This is the first year for us growing pumpkins. Hubby threatens to suck up the vines growing beyond the garden with his lawn mower. But since he likes me happy, he will leave them unless they start taking up more of the valley. I have always wanted to grow pumpkins and with as much as they cost to pick your own north of here, I decided this was the year. Hubby wants to know what happens if we get a ton (probably unlikely) but I told him I'd put them up for sale in a "garage sale" (not sure if we can just put up a produce stand in our sub). Ever see Little People Big World on TLC...we may need to call our property Kim's Farm and build attractions! Not likely, since we have only 1/2 an acre in the middle of a subdivision managed by a homeowners association. But anyway...as long as we have a couple nice ones to carve and some to decorate the yard with, I will be happy.

Ugh! Ok the pics are in the post below because Blogger won't put the pictures where I want them! Sorry about that!!! Hope you enjoy the pics on the next post!

Happy treasure hunting and Hugs!

Kim

6 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'venever had much luck with pumkpins for some reason. I hope yours flourish!

tincanlily said...

How great to have your own pumpkin patch. I have never used a fresh pumpkin for cooking. I always use the canned pumpkin. I wonder how hard it is to use fresh pumpkin? Okay, now I want a pumpkin muffin. I think I have a pumpkin quick bread in the pantry!
denise

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Kim! I love pumpkins, especially the white ones. And I have even seen some pink ones!! I have to get one if I see one around Midland this year! I love Little People Big World, lol! That was so scary though when they had the catapult accident! I hope you get tons of pumpkins!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for your nice comment today! Oh I miss growing our own pumpkins! We're now in a sub too with an HOA. Watch out they are in a great spot to grow and you are going to get a huge pumpkin or two unless of course you planted those mini ones!lol! We had one sooo big we could hardly lift if one year. So fun to grow your own. Will be watching for the finished product! Have a great Thursday! Jeannette

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! I did not know about Mike :( That is so sad. He was such a special friend to the family. Poor guy. :(

I dont know if the pink was a result of a mixture of orange and white pumpkins or what, but it was cute, lol! I hope we find more!

Hugs,
Amy

Barb said...

Hi Kim,

Everything is so green. I do miss the green of Mi. You will have pumpkins for Halloween. Homegrown, you can't beat that.

hugs,
Barb