Monday, January 18, 2010

Happenings

Hi all! I know it has been forever! We have been oh so busy planning my daughter's wedding. They got engaged on December 5, 2009 and decided on a July wedding...not much time to get it all done! Sooo...I've been BUSY!!! Here are some of the engagement happening photos...

These were not professionally done but still nice.

The decor for the engagement party. I took 4 bouquets from Costco and 4 oranges and made 7 arrangements. Not too bad!

My girlfriend, whom I've known since kindergarten made the cakes. One was lemon with cream cheese frosting, one had a fruit top and filling, one was chocolate with a chocolate chunk filling and one was yellow with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting...YUMMY!!!


I made it easy on myself and had most of the engagement party catered. Yummy!
Other than wedding planning, we have painted the dining room a dark brown, reupholstered the kitchen chairs, purged the first floor of clutter and unused items, donated a ton to the Salvation Army and I have started moving things to Chicago. I will be moving there with my hubby (finally) in July. The new married couple will be our caretakers until we are able to sell the house in a couple years. (It is still way too low in price to sell now).
I have been lurking around blog world too. I will see if I can keep up with blogging more regularly. Hope you're still out there reading my posts!
Hugs!
Kim



15 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HI KIM!!!
I have Missed you!! I see that you have been busy! Those cakes...YUMMY!!! and all the work you have been doing on the house..wow...glad to hear that you will be with your hubby after the wedding and that your daughter and SIL(to be) will be living in your home.
Keep taking photos and posting!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You have been busy Those cakes look so good! I could sure eat some cake right now......Everything looks yummy.
It will be great to live with your DH again, huh?
Keep us posted on the wedding info.
★ Linda

sara said...

The flowers and cakes look adorable!

said...

Great photos Kim. You have been so busy! Glad you stopped in with an update!

Anonymous said...

Morning Kim! Courtney is beautiful!(I got a good look when I clicked on your pics!lol) You did good - love the orange slices w/flowers!!! everything looks wonderful and your friend did a beautiful job with the cakes! I'm glad you are still bloggin! I always love pictures of hands and they look professional to me!!! Now you can breath for a few minutes; glad all went well for you! Talk to you soon - sincerely, Jeannette

Michelle said...

Hi Kim~

WOW...you did a fabulous job...I'm sure a good time was had by all! Everything looked so pretty and elegant. I love those bouquets and the way you hung their picture by the wreath. Way to go, Mom! :)

Talk to ya soon~
Shell

Pink Slippers said...

Looks wonderful. Congratulations.
My husband and I did the same thing to our parents. Engaged Jan 28th and married July 13th. It all came together perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the lucky couple for having such a wonderful person doing all the planning...it's going to be great!!!!

Take care,
donna

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Hey!! I was just thinking about you!

The party looks like it turned out great!

Kim G. said...

Congratulations on your daughter's engagement!What a fun time! Those cakes look absolutely delicious! Moving to Chicago sounds like so much fun, Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Hi Kim,

Congrats to the lovely young couple. I know you must be over the moon.

The engagement party pics are fantastic. All that food-yum. And those cakes......

You have been one busy lady. I'm so glad you had a chance to post.

big hugs,
Barb

Dawn said...

Congratulations to your daughter on her engagement. My husband and I got engaged in December and married the following July. :)

Your pictures look great. I love the arrangements you made. The cakes look and sound WONDERFUL!

take care,
Dawn

tincanlily said...

That looks like such a nice party. The cakes look so yummy! I know it is hard to blog and have a life at the same time!
denise

anythinggoeshere said...

Those are beautiful cakes! Love how you did the flowers.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I clicked on the top photo to enlarge and see the adorable couple and beautiful floral arrangements. They look so happy and your arrangements turned out wonderful.
Good luck with all the planning!
M.L.