Monday, September 22, 2008

2 Weekends Ago

Hello!!! Sorry it has been a while! I have been getting some good rest :) and am beginning to slowly feel like my normal self! Hubby didn't have to go back to Chicago until Monday morning, so that was nice.

2 weeks ago, the remnants of Hurricane Ike stopped by for a visit. He liked us so much that he left behind 6-8 inches of rain. I am so thankful that our house is built up on a hill!!!

This is a picture of our "valley" near the creek, earlier in the summer.

This is our garden during the rains of Ike. The day after this picture you couldn't see the pumpkins at all. The water went down rather quickly the next couple of days thank goodness.

This past weekend we didn't do a whole lot and that was nice. I did teach my daughter to use her new sewing machine. (I will post a photo of what she has been working on, later). I do not sew because I am terrible at it but I can teach her how to sew because believe it or not I do know how...lol. It didn't take her long to be able to sew her lines straight and get going on a project. She even plans to make a small quilt for a baby shower next week. She picked up a kit from Joann's and it seems pretty easy if you can sew a straight line! (I may have to try this sewing thing again...we'll see).

Last week, I won a giveaway!!! I will post a photo of that in the next couple of days too. I need to get a photo of it...I hate being behind on my blogging! Thank goodness my computer decided that it will cooperate and read memory cards again! I will get photos taken tomorrow of my daughter's project, my prize and a thrift find from a few weeks ago.

I sure have missed updating, thanks so much for all your continued prayers and well wishes! Have a great day everyone! Hugs!

Kim

15 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Kim :)
Glad you are feeling better..yes I do miss you when you are sick. Poor Mr Pink just standing there, all alone in the creek...
I have my Mom's old sewing machine and use it to fix seams...I should use it for crafts...just not my thing at this moment.
I need ideas for Christmas cards, so I'm not making any at the moment.
See you..warmly,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Seems like you have a little bit of everything going on. Gardening, sewing, giveaways... Wow, you've been busy. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures. xoxo, Joanna

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I am so glad you are feeling better Kim .Truly I am.

Did the pumpkin survive the flood ?

Anonymous said...

Morning Kim! Glad you are up to a post! We are needing a little rain but not that much! Have you harvested the pumpkins yet? Look forward to your pics and your daughter's project. Have a good day and take it slow! Sincerely, Jeannette (it takes forever to catch up on posts and visits!lol)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You sound so upbeat this day! Praise the Lord!
Yes. I, too, know how to sew and am not half bad. It is just getting inspired to do so. These past weeks I have been embroidering and that is very satisfying but I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to do it--arthritis, you know.
Have a blessed week, my friend!

Bella Della said...

You sound good today. I am glad you are getting some rest. I am always thinkin about you.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

So good to see your post. I hope you're back to your full self very soon!!

Pass some of that rain over here to the desert! :)

~melody~

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Kim! I'm back and I see you had some Ike action. I'm so happy you are all okay and I hope the pumpkins did okay too. I've missed everyone and I'm playing catch up. I hope all is well! Talk to you soon!

Darlene said...

I'm glad you are back....did the pumpkins survive in the flood? I really am going to have to try to use my sewing machine....I have a little cheap one that I have not really ever used. I can't wait to see your daughters project!!

Dawn said...

Hi Kim,

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. That was some rain you got! You are lucky to be on a hill. Our house is up on a hill too. I think we are the highest in our neighborhood.

How nice to teach your daughter to sew. I sew but I haven't done it in a long time. I do need to get busy and make my grandson his Christmas stocking.

take care,
Dawn

jet1960 said...

What a crazy shot with the flamingo! If you didn't know better you'd think it was the Florida everglades! Glad you had no damage to your home. Ike's effects were felt very far and wide indeed!

How sweet of you to teach your daughter to sew. I'm like you, I know how, but just never taken the time to develop it. My Mom wasn't very patient when she taught me and it left me skittish, the old fear of failure thing, you know. One day I'm going to conquer it.

Glad you are feeling better.

Miss Rhea said...

Wow, you live on some gorgeous property !! Oh all that GREEN is heaven to my desert eyes. Glad you are feeling better :)

Michelle said...

Hi Kim ~

Glad you're feeling better! Just wanted to stop by and say hi :) Hope you have a Happy Wednesday!!!

Anonymous said...

Morning Kim! Just making my rounds and want to wish you a happy Wednesday! Sincerely, Jeannette

Beth said...

Glad your feeling better. I sure wish Ike had gave us some rain, all we had was very strong winds. We need rain desperately here, I am afraid our trees will not be very pretty this fall due to lack of moisture. Hope you keep feeling better!
xoxooxoxoxo