Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monday was SOOO much FUN!!!

I just had to write a post about my Monday! It was the best day!!! I got to meet a fellow blogging friend for lunch, Michelle from Treasure the Moment! Let me tell you...this is one sweet lady!

We met up at a Cracker Barrel about an hour from me and it was just like meeting up with an old friend! She brought me a wonderful basket of yummy soaps, candles, shells, a pretty milk glass dish and on and on! She really spoiled me, I'll tell ya! We decided to postpone the lunch and head out shopping!!! We headed out to find the Home Goods store in the area, which we did end up finding with a quick phone call to my daughter! The store was huge! I thought the one by me was big but this one made it look so small! There were so many treasures to pick up and admire. We both showed great restraint and only "eye shopped"! From there we found, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Michael's. Could it get any better!?! Of Course!!! Michelle asked an employee at Bed Bath and Beyond if there was a thrift store near by and SCORE there was!!! Just down the road from the Cracker Barrel is a Salvation Army! And just let me say, I didn't just "eye shop" there...I ended up finding some things that I really needed for our apartment in Chicago and quite a bit of it was 50% off!

From there we headed back to Cracker Barrel for our late lunch and it was so nice and quiet there for lots of girl talk! I had sooo much fun getting to know Michelle in real life! We have a lot in common. I'm really excited because I will be able to visit Michelle this fall since my daughter has to be in her area twice a week! I will just carpool with Courtney and visit with Michelle! :-) Maybe I'll even get to visit her Goodwill since the one in my area is pretty far away, I don't often get the chance to go.

Let me tell you, I'm not doing our day justice in this post...it really was an amazing day and the 6 hours we spent together just FLEW by! I cannot wait to get together again! Thank you sooo much for meeting me in real life, Michelle!!! :-D

Have a great day!!!!
Hugs!
Kim

7 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

How fun, Kim! I would love to come and meet you some day! It sounds like the day was perfect.:) Lori

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Sounds like you had a great day!!

Judy said...

Your day sounded wonderdful...or should I say perfect?

Michelle said...

Oh, I just can't even tell ya how much fun I had, too, Kim...it really WAS like meeting an old friend! I feel very blessed and honored that we got to hang out and I'm really looking forward to this fall!!!!

Thanks again for everything!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Morning Kim! I'm so glad you had a great day!!!! Shopping with someone you have so much in common with is always a FUN day!!! Best part is you are going to get to do it again soon! Hope you have a great weekend too!!! Talk soon - Sincerely, Jeannette

dana said...

Hi Kim!! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet up with a fellow blogger....it is a treat!

It sounds like you two crammed a whole lot of fun into a very short amount of time! :)

Hope you're having a good summer--it is certainly flying by!!

Take care. L, dana

Barb said...

Hi Kim,

It sounds like you had a blast!
Hope summer has been good to you.

Hugs,
Barb