Friday, June 6, 2008

First try at blogging and showing off my new found treasures


Hello to all who have found my blog, please forgive my learning curve. The picture didn't go where I thought it would...lol. Don't know if anyone will read my blog but I thought I would give it a try. Hope you enjoy!

Today was an amazing garage sale day for me. I found this stack of Patrician Amber depression glass plates hidden under some sheets of paper towel. When I asked how much for the stack of plates I had to contain my excitement...she said $5 because they are slightly chipped. (Minor chips don't bother me because I buy things that make me happy and that I know I will use. These 14 pretty plates will be hanging around my kitchen window and a few will adorn the foyer.) So, I gladly handed over my $5 for these treasures. My daughter was excited to find a "vintage" Candy Land game :-) at this same garage sale. Normally in my area you can find tons of used baby things so today was a great day for me!
Have a great day!
Kim


5 comments:

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your visit. I remember when I first started my blog in January. It was all so new to me but as time go on I'm starting to get the hang of it. I will stop by again.
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Free Art Printables said...

Great Treasures! Don't you just love it when you get good finds! Jen R

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Kim, don't you just LOVE to find something that fantastic ? What a lucky girl you are ! I bet you couldn't believe it when they said $5.00 !

Mya said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for visiting me I am from Michigan as well. Your garage sale find was fabulous. I love it when you find something wonderful for a song. Welcome aboard as a new blogger.
-Mya

Sarah and Jack said...

Wow, what a bargain!

The blogging does get easier, I promise. :-)