Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sometimes...

It's the little things that make you a little more content. I'm still adjusting to apartment life and small spaces. Our ceiling fan had the traditional (from the hardware store) pull. When I bought some closet fresheners (Marshall's) they were wrapped pretty with a ribbon and a plastic "crystal bobble". I saved them both and one day decided the bobble would look nice on the fan pull. So I snipped the ugliness off (wish I had remembered to take a before shot) and tied the bobble on. Here's how it looks now...


For whatever reason, taking pictures is really hard in this apartment.

I was, also, inspired by Denise at Look Beyond The Picket Fence, to bake an apple pie. I wanted to make what she had made but I only had frozen pie crust. I'm still getting use to my electric oven here and it got a smidge over done. Hopefully it still tastes good. I'll spare you a visual.

Hope you're all having a great day!!!
Hugs!
Kim

8 comments:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Amazing how something so little can make a difference, isn't it?!!

Kelli said...

What a little piece of beauty you've added! I'm sure the pie was great!

Kelli
xoxo
loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Great recycling! It looks very nice!

Apple pie sounds so yummy. Today has been colder and rainy here-warm from the oven dessert sounds delish.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Your apple pie sounds like my grilled cheese. Mike says I always burn one side. I say that's how they are supposed to be. lol
I love those little baubles--very clever!
★Linda★

Nicole Maki said...

Adding small bits of beauty to your space is such a pick me up. I think adding that bauble was brilliant. Now I'm looking at my chain pulls with an unfriendly eye :-)

Enjoy your pie.

Stacy said...

The bobble looks good! I have a red glass bird hanging from my fan. Mmm, apple pie ... yum. You just reminded me it's time to take my annual trip to the chocolate factory for a caramel apple :)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Really cute!

tincanlily said...

It is the little things that add so much to our lives! The pull is a nice added touch. I could use a few closet freshners, too! Thanks for the idea! Sorry, to hear about your pie. I hope the next one comes out perfect! My daughter went apple picking over the weekend. I see apple muffins, apple pancakes and everything apple for the next few weeks.
denise