Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We went back to Michigan for the holiday weekend. We had to go back so hubs could get a new to us used car. On Friday, we headed to the thumb to visit my parents in Caseville. Saturday the guys golfed and the girls made pie and read magazines. Sunday, we did some touristy things but of course I forgot my camera, ugh! We found the cutest little antique store! It is called The Haven in Port Austin. They had so many pretties!!!  This is what I picked up...

Some old wood spools, some with thread still on them and these 2 laced edged hankies. Total cost for all, only $5. I was surprised by the low prices. I could have stayed there all day but hubby was waiting for me outside the store...sigh.

Yesterday, we made the long drive back to Chicago made even longer by the holiday traffic. Good thing for the comfy new car!  Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Hugs!
Kim

5 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Kim,
Good finds for 5.00 !!! Maybe next time you can shop longer! Did you bring back more of your stamp stuff!?
Warmly,
deb :)

Miss Rhea said...

I love old spools, what a great find :)

tincanlily said...

You have some great treats there! It sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. I meant to bring my camera to a local farm last week. But of course I forgot my camera too. I can take pictures with my phone. Imagine saying that 10 years ago! But my phone does not take great pictures!
denise

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I collect wood spools!
I have 2 - 5 gallon jars full, plus more. I've been collecting for years.
But a new-to-you car? That is awesome. Now you can scoot all around Chicago!
★Linda★

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
I love old spools! I went through my mom's sewing box and confiscated all of hers! he he he... :) Sounds like a great weekend! I think I wanna make a pie now. :)

~Liz