Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Missing This...

Morning! Hope you're all enjoying the last days of summer! Here's something I'm missing about the end of summer in Michigan...


While we were home a couple of weekends ago, we stopped at one of our favorite apple orchards to see if they had any picked apples yet. They did, so we got those and as we were leaving the employees at Blakes Big Apple were handing out free hot corn on the cob!  It was soooo good!!! We cannot find corn any where, that is as good as Michigan's sweet corn, here in the Chicago area. We even drove an hour to a farm selling Mirai sweet corn which is suppose to be great, well it was good but nothing like the corn from home.


We sure are missing some things from Michigan (including family and friends) but when we do go home once a month we make sure to stop at our favorite places.

Today, after paying bills (ugh), I will be crafting. Hope my visions turn out as good as they are in my head!

Enjoy your day!!!
Hugs!
Kim

4 comments:

sara said...

That corn looks so good!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like Ohio sweet corn.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Kim,
I must tell you that we had corn last night and it was GREAT!! I hear your pain..nothing like great corn on the cob.
That is so cool about you seeing a movie being made! and being right there!
I hope your ideas come together too!
Looking forward to seeing your "ideas"
Warmly,
deb :)

Karen said...

Yum, I love roasted corn!

What varieties of apples are they picking now?

We got free apples last year from a couple trees a neighbor has out by his ditch. They were *so* wonderful but, of course, we have no idea what variety they are. And this year there don't seem to be any apples on either tree. Sadness!