Friday, August 13, 2010

Polka Dot Swap and Back to Yo-yo-ing!

Recently, I participated in a Polka Dot Swap hostessed by Lori at Morning Glories and Moonflowers and my partner was Michelle at Gingham World. This was a fun swap to participate in, I only wish I had had more time to hand make Michelle some things. I totally forgot to take pics of what I sent her but I can tell you what I sent her...a black and white polka dot casserole with lid, a set of towels with a red and white polka dot oven mitt to which I added a red yo-yo, a pink hat with yo-yos attached, a polka dot water bottle, polka dot tags and ribbon. I hope she enjoyed her package! I know I enjoyed mine. Here are some pictures of what I received...


Michelle made me a really cute reversible bag, a hair clip and an orange pin, a super cute frog and a polka dot note book. She, also, included coffee mug holders and a polka dot glass which is perfect for my daily iced tea. :-)


Here is a close up of the frog. She is hanging out in my kitchen.


A close up of the pin and hair clip. I really need to try and make some of these.

Thank you, Michelle!!!!!

Now that I have more time on my hands, I decided to make some yo-yos. I sure have missed making them. I decided to attach them to a reusable shopping bag and send it off to a friend. It's a surprise for her, hope she likes it! Here's a pic of part of it. The lighting in this apartment is really, really bad so my pics aren't so great, sorry!


Yo-yo bag closeup.

The weekend is already here! On the agenda tomorrow...IKEA to get some organizing things which we really need! Tomorrow night...the Detroit Tigers against the White Sox at Cellular Field. I cannot wait! I haven't been to a Tiger game in weeks! I miss those boys!

Thank you for all your sweet comments about Kitty. Abby is doing so much better, she is still very needy but she is letting me sleep at night now. Poor old girl!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Hugs!
Kim

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

We always feel better when our fur babies feel better. Poor girl-she had no choice but to adjust! She might still be miffed for a while! LOL
I love the yo-yos. I've never made any but they are adorable. I bought a quilt top at an auction that is all yo-yos and I love it. Maybe some nice cool winter day I can try my hand at it. Does it require any special tool?
★Linda★

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh, the polka dot cuteness! I can't stand it!!! I love everything, Kim!:) Lori

Michelle said...

I am so sorry to be so lazy! I have meant to email you all week and thank you for my adorable package! I loved every single thing, it was all just wonderful. Thank you so much! I am glad you got yours and liked it too. Happy weekend!

sara said...

Love all the polka dots!

tincanlily said...

Sorry I missed this potst! How cute is this frog! Your friend will love her yo yo bag!
denise