Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello From Chicago, Again!

Hello everyone!!!

Well, we have news on the job front. Yesterday, my hubby met with a big wig from Switzerland and we have a plan...Right now we are staying in Chicago until an opening becomes available in Switzerland or Shanghai, China. When a position becomes available we will be transferred for a couple of years, when that time is over we will most likely come back to Chicago so he can run the company here or we will be off to another country. So...still a lot of unknowns but now we do know we will be here at least a year, possibly 2 or 3.

Since I have a feeling we will be here in Chicago, for about 1-3 years, I can start dreaming about our living space redo or a move to a bigger place. In Feb. 2011 we will know if we should be staying in Chicago longer than the year and if so we will get a bigger place.

I am dreaming of a 2-3 bedroom townhouse rental with a 2 car attached garage (no more car cleaning from the snow!), a bigger kitchen with an over sized granite counter top so I can purchase bar stools from here and have room to move. Hey, a girl can dream! I would love a guest room/craft room. I miss my craft things when I'm here and our guests would probably prefer a real bed vs. a blow up mattress squeezed in our tiny living room. An extra bathroom would be nice too. Any and all extra space would be so wonderful! I tell ya' these 630 sq. ft. can start to suffocate real quick! (I know I shouldn't complain...we are most fortunate to have a roof over our head in Chicago and back home in MI)

Soooo...for now we can relax for a while, finish planning the wedding and bridal shower and dream about more space next year.

Hope all is well with you!!!
Hugs!
Kim

7 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Great news...job security AND you get to stay put for awhile! :)
I looove the paperweights and clothespins below. Great job!!
Good luck with all the planning.
M.L.

Judi said...

Hi Kim
Oh my you have lost me. I guess I didn't realize where you were or the plans you had going for you. It sounds like lots of excitement but I think you are comfortable being settled for a while.

You have lots of planning to do with your daughter's wedding too...that is exciting.

Its good to have plans .... plans to think and dream about.
Nice to have you visit me today..
*hugs*
Judi

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Wow, a traveler you shall be.....you will love it. And then you will be glad to come home. still knowing you can stay put for an extended time must be reassuring. :}
★Linda

Angie said...

Wow, girlie! So, does this mean you can send me lots of real Swiss chocolates? Heeheee. I think it all sounds terribly exciting. Although I think Chicago is exciting to visit, too. I will be visiting my brother there this summer so I am gonna have to come see you, too! That will be a blast! Yay!

Hugs ~ Angie

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

WOW! Overseas?! That sounds very exciting!

dana said...

I haven't been a good visitor for so long....I miss you and our visits. We started our blogs about the same time.....I just read a bit on your recent posts! WOW! China!!! That's a long ways away! Glad you are going to be in Chicago for a couple of years, however!

How exciting.....a wedding! I loved it when I got to help plan our son's wedding...I can't imagine how awesome it would be to plan my daughter's. I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon, however!

I hope your health is good....come visit when you have time! dana

tincanlily said...

At first I thought he brought home a big wig! I had to reread that! Sounds like you have quite a lot going on in your life right now. I hear that Chicago is a great place to live! Sounds like you have a few ideas and will make it all work. Crafting is a nice creative outlet, hope you find the time and the the space to keep being creative!
denise